Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after day 30 i decieded to strip my female and omg. I counted 10 times and count between 33 and 37 little guys ,my first time as a dad and my first time stripping everything went great,hope you like .All burundi

·
Registered
619 Posts
They look great. You have a really good number from her too. Congrats.

Im sure you know but if you ever strip earlier and they have any of the egg sack left intact that jagged rock would rip the egg sacs that hang below the belly area. you would want it smooth in the tank , no rocks, no gravel. I mention this cause most fronts from what i hear dont hold as long as your female did. Dont want to have any losses. Really small ones (1 week or less) need a egg tumbler.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone,ya i was going to take evrything out of the tank , but at day 30 which is today,i saw her open her mouth a little and saw that the sacks were already gone so i took the chance and luckily it worked out,none of the fish have any sac left.. yeahhh

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
That is so awesome! Cute little boogers and very nice pics!

Russ

·
Registered
88 Posts
was it a female in your acrylic tanck?, cause if it was it means they loved their new house!!!!

Congrats!!!! they look great!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No not the acrylic 150 .it was my glass 95 gal 60 long 24 tall 15 wide ,so now im hoping the new big tank will get my other females going...

·
Registered
8 Posts
congrats dude. It's a blast when things work out, fun to watch. I only caught the end of that conversation I think. What kind are they? are they wild caught, g1, f1,? I've got a colony of wild caught mpimbwe blues. 2 males different ages, 6 females different ages all from different batches. (no inbreeding. lol) Got lots of other wild caught breeders too. talk about them too, if you decide to stray from the fronts for a minute. lol I dig'em too though. Anyway, cool and congrats, keep up the good work. It's not as easy as people think to breed these finicky fish. thanks for replying, and we'll talk again, if you want. I'm taking some pictures of all my fish tomorrow, so I can show them too. k, peace, cute babies. Oh yeah, I've got a young colony of G1 mpimbwe blues too. With 1 G1 Moba purple thrown in. He's dominant too, kinda funny and cool. Just a hobby right. I wanna see if it'll throw some richer colors into the blues. Too much time on my hands, I guess. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh yeah, was gonna say too. Do you have another smaller tank? 'Cause you just take mom out when she's ready. Put her in a smaller tank with somewhere to hide. But no sharp rocks and stuff in the tank. She'll spit'em out. And when you can go back into the room, without her trying to suck'em up anymore. She's ready to go back into the colony. She'll hide a bit and then work herself back into the format.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts