Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about what others thoughts are about long term compatibility with the fish I have. Currently they are in 100 gallon but im about to set up a custom 250ish gallon (73"×29"×26"tall) and want to see if I can plan on keeping these fish together long term.

2× convicts
2× firehouse
1× Salvini
3× Jewel cichlids
6× giant danios

All of my fish are females besides one male firemouth. All are under 3.5" now. Think at full adult hood a 250 would allow enough space for a relatively peaceful tank?

·
Registered
173 Posts
As far as size requirements, yes the tank is large enough. But Firemouths aren't on the same aggression level as the rest and would probably do poorly. Firemouths do best kept singly or in groups of at least 5 IME. But again I wouldn't keep them with this combination of cichlids. I also think long term you may become a little bored with just these cichlids. Double the group of Danios or go with larger mid to upper level swimmers like Silver Dollars or Leporinus for more activity. There are certainly more options open to you as well with a tank this size. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts