Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one else have trouble resisting the begging act at the tank for evening feeds?

*** had to change when i check my tanks for ammonia nitrate nitrite gk gh untill just after a feed becase of my fish nipping at the test vials when im filling them or my fingers lol my children like the fact the fish are awear of whats outside the tank and they will chase who ever walks past the tank trying to cute their way into some food :fish:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I only observe my fish when I feed them for that very reason. I would end up over feeding them if I observed them any other time!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Once in a while I'll cave in. They look so sad :-? when you sit infront of the tank & they all come up for feed & you dont give them anything. Mine especially do now, since I feed the main tank once a day and I've got two fry net baskets in the tank that I feed 3 times a day to help get some size on them. Didnt take long for my S. multies to swim upside down to vacuum the bottom of the net baskets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sometimes, but mostly I resist.

The fish are smart, they know when it's feeding time - they will be there waiting for me.
Other times when they see me they stop what they are doing and come to the front glass, begging for more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
me and my gf moved in together a few weeks ago and she thinks everytime the fish come to the glass and look at her, they're wanting fed. I told her if we fed them every time they did they, they would die. they're curious fish and that's just how they act.

I feed them when they need to be fed and never any more.

·
Registered
169 Posts
my fish do that too, but i never feed extra. i feed twice a day at most, sometimes less. but they always beg when i approach.

·
Registered
677 Posts
twice a day and I resist overdoing it even though I sit in front of the tank quite regularly in the evenings or early mornings...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts