Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a Betta Lifespace 1000 which I have previously had set up as a marine tank.

some 6 months ago, I returned to freshwater and in particular Rift Lake with an emphasis on Tanganyikan. I love Tropheus and Compressiceps / Calvus

In the new year I shall be removing the sump in favour of a Fluval FX5 filter.

The lighting I have is 4x 39w T5's with Arcadia reflectors. What bulbs would be best? 2 T5's or 4.
Actinics or not??

Advice please..

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Lots of other posts asking the same question.

Try using the Search feature in the upper right.

It's going to be individual preference as well as substrate, background & fish color, etc.

The brightness will depend on how deep your tank is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lighting will depend on your personal taste and witch Tang's you decide to keep. I have T5's and I like them a lot but I am also interested in the NEW Marineland (reef capable) LED's. Regarding the Tropheus and Calvus they have different diets as I'm sure you are probably aware of :)

Good luck and enjoy !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Like others had stated, most of it comes down to preference. I have 4x 39w T5 on my 6' 125g and like the amount of light. I started with a combination of 2x 10K and 2x actinic but found the actinic too blueish for my liking so I switched to 4x 10K.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just switched my 55 gallon to tanganyikans and I don't like the look of the actinics. I'm might go with marineland L.E.D.s I have them on my 20 gallon shelldweller tank and they look good. I've also noticed the actinics make photography difficult if your into that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.