1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
249 Posts
Here is a review with an update for the 36" version of this light. Looks like there may be some quality issues.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RF7FT123XT ... hisHelpful

Might want to check your local Petsmart for the Hagen GLO 48" T5HO double light. They are clearance priced at $99.99. Add $50 for a couple of bulbs. I have three of these in 24", 36" and 48" lengths and have been very happy with them.

Jman

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
$50 for a couple of bulbs? That is crazy. I'm sure a suitable tube can be found at an electrical/lighting supply for much less.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Granted I only checked Home Depot, but they only had one brand and color (4200K I think) for a 48" T5 and it wasn't what I wanted.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The bulbs I quoted are the ones made by Hagen. They are within a few dollars of each other depending on what they are. They are called Life-GLO (6,700 degree K), Power-GLO (18,000 degree K) and Marine-GLO (actinic blue). I looked at bulbs from Home Depot and Lowes. I bought a couple for my 24" light. They are a lower wattage and don't put off near as much light. Any time I make a purchase at my local Petsmart, I use coupons (they take them even if expired) to bring the price down. Make a $30 purchase and pay $20 with a $10 off $30 coupon. Petco will take Petsmart's expired coupons too. I got great deals using these on the $1 a gallon tanks that were just on sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts