Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now I have a standard old bulb in the right side and a plant bulb in the left side. I only swapped out the 2 matching bc I tried putting some live plants in. They survived about 4 months and now they are starting to deteriorate.

I was looking into LED bulbs, just wondering what kind of lighting african cichlids seems to prefer or like from some experienced person(s)

thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have no experience with a lot of lighting but I just replaced the default bulb that came with my fixture with a single 32w Reef Sun 50/50 bulb. I chose this bulb after lots of googling and reading opinions. I have not regretted it.

So if your fixture has space for 2 bulbs I'd look at a 6500K bulb and a 420 actinic bulb.

Lighting is a very personal preference though but I've found this mix really brings out the coloration in my collection of fish.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh sorry I misunderstood your light set up. I'd put 24" Reef Sun 50/50 on both sides.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am interested in the LED and the ones that have the moonlight setting just havent seen them much or know much about them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts