Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys, the time has come for me for the very much awaited stocking of my 1100l, 3,8 m long tank. Overal dimensions are 3.8m x 0.45m x 0.65m. There are two FX6 running at the time. Continuous drip system. Plus there is a refugium comming, adding some 200l to the overal system volume. The tank is full of Zanzibar rock with tons of hiding spots. White sand on the bottom.

The tank was cycled fully in 7 weeks. Up to 4ppm of amonia dosed and processed in couple hours.

I am aiming at beginner Malawi species, however, I will be happy for any advice about mixing it with haps or peacocks.

What I would like to know and apprexiate the knowledge from You experienced guys, is overal numbers of species related to the early maturing state of the tank. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
I would stock all the fish at once. If you are going to mix mbuna with haps and peacocks, I would do yellow labs, acei and Cynotilapia zebroides Cobue for the mbuna.

Are you going for any of the big haps? That might determine the remainder of your stocking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks alot for reply. I was thinking exatly the same species. So far no idea about haps or peacocks, however I dont want anything that would outgrow the others too much, more or less keeping the size od adults in similar range...

So u think those 4ppm prepared bio for full load? How many to ho for then? :)

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
I'd say you could fit 10 species, but I probably would not do that personally...I'd probably choose a peacock and 2 haps and go for 3m:9f of each along with the mbuna. The Cyno's I would probably do 3m:9f as well and 1m:4f of the labs and acei.

Aulonocara rubescens? Copadichromis borleyi Kandango? Protomelas spilonotus Tanzania?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both Rubescens and Protomelas spilonotus Tanzania look amazing... However, 10 species looks like alot.

How about: Yellow labs (4m:16fm)
Acei (4m:16fm)
Cyno(4m:12fm)
Rubescens(3m:9fm)

Together 68 fish. Should I ho with more? What do You think guys? The fish will be all youngsters, 4-6cm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts