Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from the hobby for so time now and anxious to get back in.. Question for those who have experience with this malawi species.. Should they be housed alone, own species or able to join other species???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Lethrinops is actually a genus. There are multiple species in the genus.

I just received my first specimens from this genus in a shipment about two weeks ago. Both are males of two different species. I'm presently housing them in a 55 along with three male haps (spilonotus "Tanzania", star sapphire, and a Copadichromis) I received in the same shipment, plus four yellow labs I've been growing out since last summer and 2 BNs. No problems so far.

But that's the extent of my experience with them.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
As noted, you'll have to get more specific on which Lethrinops you're interested in. Some types are medium to smallish sized; some can get quite large so everything is dependant on which way you go (including tank size etc...)

The smaller types are all i have any experience with (L. albus, sp. 'red cap' ect...) They will do well in a 75 gallon tank with sand substrate and mixed with other smaller growing moderate to low aggro haps like many copads, mchengas etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts