Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 5.5 " pair of these work with a trio of 3"+ Frontosas? Most sites say they are highly aggressive... All 5 of them will go in a 90 gallon until the fronts get a bit bigger.

Edit:Never mind, just found out wild pairs need more than a 4 foot tank to be successfully kept. Too bad they're so mean, I love the pattern and shape :(

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
If they paired and spawned, the frontosa would be dead. Pairing them up in a 75 gallon is also a risk, the male could easily kill the female.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The person I'm buying them from claims they've already paired up.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Even if they are already paired up, they have no business in a 4ft. tank, they won't be 5" for long, and I've seen the way these things act. Personally I wouldn't attempt to keep them in less than a 6x2 tank by themselves, or an 8'x4' with other fish.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
I've kept paired up fish in a 4ft tank, and they were fine... try and guarantee the pair bonds sticks after being moved.... sometimes it doesn't stick if you move them from one tank, to the tank beside it.. It's your call, but it is a risk... wouldn't put them with other fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts