Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Accidentally ordered the wrong replacement and don't know whether to get a new one or return the mistaken bulb for the right one.

Both sides are lit by a T5 420nm actinic. The left side is also lit by a 6,500k daylight and a 460nm actinic. The right side is also lit by a dual daylight 6,500k/10,000k.

Just looking to see what other people thought before I made a decision either way. Thanks!

Ps: don't freak out over Pacus in a 75, I am growing them out for someone who has a much larger tank! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I personally like the right side better. The fish seem to agree with me as well. :lol:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They usually spend time on the right. Well at least the pacus and the Colombian shark that must think he's a pacu spend most time there.

The reason I'm torn is that I equally love the crispness of the right side and the marine-esque feel of the left.

Hopefully I'll get some more responses and wait a few days to see if my liking starts to wane or there is an overwhelming favorite on here.

Ps, is that one of your own dems? Where did you get it? I've been trying to find some at a reasonable price for when the Pacus go to their actual home and I phase out my Green Texas and Pink Convict.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why thank you, fishghost, it seems like that's the consensus so I will probably be ordering another dual daylight bulb.

I'm happy why my tank, but I'll be more happy when my light is uniform, the pacus are in their new home, and I find homes for my Green Texas or Pink Convict. I'm thinking about switching to mbuna.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I know all about the massive size. Owner got them today and instead of paying me I got 5 African mbuna. The pacus are now home in a 180 gallon.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Simple solution, Get a double bulb fixture and you can put both one, or one or the other! I have a 6700 and an 18000 and i put both on during the day and in the final hours only the 18k which is much bluer/dimmer

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well for my sunrise/sunset buffer is an independent 48" 420nm actinic.

So it's a decision of which light complements the actinic and looks better. I'd love to have a three light cycle but that might be a little overkill (says the guy who filters his sump water with an additional canister filter :D )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts