Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*** got two LED strips setup with a Current ramp timer. Worked great forever, but now I get flickering lights. I determined the power cord splitter might be the issue, so I ordered a new one. No dice, still have the issue. I have the power cord from wall socket going into a splitter which then goes to each strip. (I removed ramp timer because I thought it was the issue at first). When I plug one light into the splitter, it works fine. When I plug the second light in, the lights begin to flicker and go off and on. The odd thin is, I can turn the white lights on for both strips, and no issue. I can then turn on the darker blue light on one strip, having both white and one blue on and no issues. As soon as I turn on the seconnd strips blue lights, they both flicker and go off and on. And its not the thunderstorm mode either. The only thing ZI havent considered or tried is the actual power adaptor plug itself. Could that be the culprit?

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
I'm not good at troubleshooting lighting issues but it may be helpful to post the brand and model of LED strips including how long the lights have been in service.

We are using DIY LED strips on a roll for the tank racks and we have had some individual LED's go out over time. The usual problem is related to heat dissipation though I'm not sure if that is what is causing your problems.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I recall correctly, the ramp timer is a Current, and Im guessing the lights are as well. I do use one adaptor that goes into a splitter to the two strips. Thats the only thing left I havent tried.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts