Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I jumped into keeping Cichlids three years ago. Unfortunately I didn't know what I know now. I thought that a 46 bowfront was close enough to a straight 55 not to matter much. Now I've learned that length is what's important. I put in mix of Mbunas. 6 Cobalt Blue Zebras, 6 Yellow Labs and 6 Bumble Bees. All went well for a while until they matured. 5 Adults left now along with a Pleco who has hung in there just fine. My LFS has agreed to accept the mbunas for store credit and I'm going to switch to a community tank based on Angels.

Any advice on keeping Angels would be welcome.

Down the road I'm going to upgrade to a 125 and will take another crack at mbunas. While a challenge they are fascinating.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Angels work best in small groups. Put together a group of 4-5 and decorate your tank with tall plants and driftwood to break up sight lines. I have anubias attached to my driftwood and they look good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am a complete newbie to cichlid keeping and am in a process of setting up a tank. Was reading this article on cichlid tank setup and the first advice by the author is keeping in mind the size of the tank for the inhabitants might end up combating.

I will speak to my local aquarium dealer for more clarity on the species to keep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.