Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on my trip to Montana and just got home tonight. Before I left I setup my new canister filter and had the spray bar aimed to high apparently. Upon returning home the water was being sprayed against the front of my tanks canopy and trickling down the front of the tank. I really lucked out though cause it only drained about 13 gallons out of my 55gal, but FYI 13 gallons of water on living room carpeting is not cool once walking the door for the first time in 4 days!!! LOL WHOOOPS

·
Registered
36 Posts
Newbie question :-? . . . Out of curiosity, do spray bar installs normally go above the waterline?
Or, is the spray bar at water level, or even immersed? (If this is dumb question, I apologize!)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have mine a few inches under the surface, works good.

·
Registered
162 Posts
namvet4 said:
Newbie question :-? . . . Out of curiosity, do spray bar installs normally go above the waterline?
Or, is the spray bar at water level, or even immersed? (If this is dumb question, I apologize!)
I have mine just under the surface with it aimed toward the surface for more surface agitation.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah mine was about an inch under the water pointed upwards slightly to create surface agitation, but when the water level went down due to evaporation I was basically shooting water up against the front of the canopy and running down the front of the tank onto the floor. :oops:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
xxbenjamminxx said:
Went on my trip to Montana and just got home tonight. Before I left I setup my new canister filter and had the spray bar aimed to high apparently. Upon returning home the water was being sprayed against the front of my tanks canopy and trickling down the front of the tank. I really lucked out though cause it only drained about 13 gallons out of my 55gal, but FYI 13 gallons of water on living room carpeting is not cool once walking the door for the first time in 4 days!!! LOL WHOOOPS
I'm not feeling good today (flu) but this post made my LMAO!
Sorry to hear about your carpet though. :?

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
lol, I got to the end of the first sentence and thought it was going to say '...the water was being sprayed against the front door...'
:eek:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hence why I use a HOB for surface agitation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts