Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day in another thread, I posted how I liked the C360 and it's been great so far on my 180g. Well today, I moved it literally 4 inches to one side to make room and shortly after that it started leaking. I took the top off, cleaned and inspected the O ring and put it back together. I ran good for 15 mins then started leaking worse. Anyone who has had one leak what was the solution? I was gonna try to lube the O ring with Vaseline or just end up buying another FX5.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried the vaseline on the O ring and it still leaked. I'm gonna call Marineland customer service tomorrow. I've delt with them in the past and they've been real good. Problem is I got the filter used with a package deal with my 180g, so I don't know how old it is. I can't lie because they ask for lot numbers etc... and will know how old it is. :lol:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marineland sent me a new valve unit on top and so far so good. After calling and giving them the lot number, the filter was over 4 years old. They sent me the part with no questions asked. Thats pretty decent customer service for a 4 year old filter that I didn't even buy.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've also recieved great customer service from them in the past. I had an impeller go bad on an old Penguin 330 that was 4 or 5 years old and they shipped me a new one no questions asked and it arrived pretty quickly also. I was pleased.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
So few companies stand behind their products like this that when it happens, it seems surreal, when really, it should be the norm.
Glad you got it all fixed up :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts