Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few shots of the current tank 150g glass before doing the switch this weekend to the 265g acrylic..

Red Fin Borleyi

another

Coloring Fusco

a view from the back

Deep water hap

Blue Dolphin

another of the dolphin

Juvi Red Empress

German red

Ruby Red Albino

OB Peacock

Rhamphochromis longiceps

More to come photobucket isn't loading right now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kshafer- No we haven't moved yet but it is a sure thing. I already signed my contract and will be there full time in Oct.

Here are some more pics...

juvi rostratus

Buccochromis rhoadesii (I think? but correct me if I'm wrong)

Otopharynx lithobates (Z rock)

some group pics

and I need an Id on this little beauty

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dielikemoviestars, where abouts do you live in San Diego. I am moving to the santee, del mar area in oct.

Still haven't decided if I am taking my stock or if I am going to start over or do salt.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I'm not in SD anymore - just haven't updated this. I lived in La Jolla for a couple years and then Del Mar/Solana Beach (just above the fairgrounds). Santee and Del Mar are really far apart, though...?

·
Registered
59 Posts
@darkSSide, congrats! lovely tank !

in the last pic , could be a Aulonocara Lwanda specimen but I m not 100% sure...some more pics could make us a better view..

but I m very sure that Otopharynx Lithobates is not what you believe..you have an hybrid there. ..it looks like an Copadichromis with Aulonocara hybrid..the shape, the colour is different ..
an Otopharynx lithobates ZR is like an Sciaenochromis fryeri with a strong yellow blaze..
on this video you could see what i m try to say..here is the original specimen:

the black dots on his body are related with the mood of the fish ..in the breeding colours , the black dots dissappear.

i hope my opinion didn t up set you
i m open to discuss on the subject ..hybridization is a problem between the african cichlids and the sources of buying fishes aren t 100% sure all the time...

cheers!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
crys

Thank you for the info, some of the fish were bought before I found a good breeder so there may in fact be some hybrids in there. But since I have 7 synos and a mostly male tank I have never seen any fry in there so at least I won't add to the hybrid problem.

And you are right the z rock in the video looks totally different. Thanks for not only telling me but showing me the difference. We need more people in the hobby that are willing to take the time and educate those who know less. I have only been serious in this hobby for less than a year and people like you and others on this site are a great asset to this site and the hobby!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts