Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im from the UK and new to this forum and loving reading all the threads.

I have a 50 gal Fluval corner tank with a fluval 306 external canister filter, a Hydra 30 Aquatic Depurator, 200w heater and air pump.

My goal is to have a colourful busy tank with the more peaceful cichlids if possible. Im using coral sand for substrate but unsure where to get rocks for landscaping. *** been around the local aquatic stores but dont like what they had. Is there anywhere i could get rocks from and what type would be best for the tank

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
HiabOperator831 said:
Im from the UK and new to this forum and loving reading all the threads.

I have a 50 gal Fluval corner tank with a fluval 306 external canister filter, a Hydra 30 Aquatic Depurator, 200w heater and air pump.

My goal is to have a colourful busy tank with the more peaceful cichlids if possible. Im using coral sand for substrate but unsure where to get rocks for landscaping. I've been around the local aquatic stores but dont like what they had. Is there anywhere i could get rocks from and what type would be best for the tank
Local landscaping/garden centers are the best place (unless you can find some in a field). Where abouts in the U.K are you?

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
The corner shape is not ideal for Lake Malawi cichlids...maybe rams or apistos?

Tanganyikans have interesting shapes and behavior and could work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts