Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ten gallon cycled with a few guppies in it and red cherry shrimp.

I used it as a QT tank for my 40gal SA tank but that is fully stocked now.

Could I house about 6 3/4" Pearly Ocellatus with the shrimp and guppies? Then re-home all but the first pair or two pair that form?

Tank details right now...

Tank - Standard 10 gallon

Filter - Aquaclear 30

Substrate - Carib Sea super white sand.

Lighting - Macro Glow 25 watt PC

Decor/fauna - Two pieces of driftwood and plants are Riccia, Java Moss and Fern. (I may add some thin long slate or granite on the back)

Fish - 8 guppies all at the top. 20-40 RCS (I can re-home the shrimp to my 40 SA tank and probably will over time. )

Water is

PH 7.4
GH - hard
KH - hard
fully cycled.

Also I have Multies before so I have shells left over, I could also step up the PH using some Texas Holy rock sitting around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply.

Water parameters sound ok? You don't think the bioload with the guppies will be too much? Will they eat the shrimp if I do not rehome them?

Oh and I laughed a little about the Julies.

I just replaced a 40 gall of Multies and Julie Regani with a SA planted setup and drove my wife crazy.

·
Super Moderator
40,716 Posts
Cherry red shrimp make fine food for Africans I hear. There was another post of a tank with demasoni fry and disappearing shrimp. I'd expect the shellies to eat the shrimp and guppies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks DJ

Shrimp trap in progress!

I don't think they can eat the adult guppies but I don't mind if baby Guppies become a snack. I mean something has to keep them in check before they overrun the bio-filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts