Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, who's keeping Lamprologus boulengeri?

This is a very nice looking Shellie but nearly imposible to get a hold of!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
i've got a few 100 in grow out if you want to take a drive. it's a beautiful fish. especially the eye ring. a bit of a nipper though. :lol:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess Canadians are so priveleged! LOL

Well, at least I know who to bug for shipping if I can't get any locally.

Lloyd _ I know you didn't mean 100 of them right?!

I think you mean growing out in a 100 gallon - yes?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
no.. i mean 100's. i keep one pair in a 30gal. and when i want more fry i give them back their shells.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have about a dozen adults. Real pretty fish the males get big for a shellie. They have pretty big spawns ,but I haven't really seen mine be to aggressive.
Rob

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW! I was led to beleive that these Shellies were rare!

Where the heck do you guys get yours from? Local?

Do they ship well?

·
Registered
116 Posts
they ship just about as well as anything IME. I bought mine some time ago ,but juvy's are still readily available if you know the right people down here in florida
Rob

·
Registered
807 Posts
lloyd said:
no.. i mean 100's. i keep one pair in a 30gal. and when i want more fry i give them back their shells.
Would you consider shipping? If so give me a PM with a price per fish and how many you would like to sell.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Shipping from Canada to the United States is problematic. You need a license to import the fish, and you need to have them inspected by customs. Both cost money. (Certainly more than the fish themselves are worth)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Fogelhund said:
Shipping from Canada to the United States is problematic. You need a license to import the fish, and you need to have them inspected by customs. Both cost money. (Certainly more than the fish themselves are worth)
Thanks for the info. It's been a few years since I use to come your way on fishing trips and get all that good Canadian Beer.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
here's a pic of my pair:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Lifted193 said:
Was there any success in locating some of these fishes in the states?
I’ve called 3 places that showed them on list on the net but told me they were out. It seems there is a lot of variation in color from pictures I’ve seen and I’m curious if some are really Boulengeri? The pictures in the profile section here at the Forum really look awesome does anyone else’s look this good? It seems that most of the others I see don't have the yellow in them?

Link >>> http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... hp?id=1762

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.