Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 46 bow front tank that I'll post a picture below. Keep in mind that I do plan on getting one more bigger piece of THR and some shells in case I decide to get shellies

Stocking idea so far:
Multi's

That's it so far :lol:

I want a couple different species that can co-exist. I'm open to all species of rock, sand, or shell dwelling cichlids. This is my first cichlid tank and I have done tons of research of the last few months in anticipation of my tank getting ready in the new house. I just need help with how many and who can live with who. Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
2,088 Posts
what are the dimensions of the tank?

A hint would be to look at the cookie cutter selection in the library here, and base your tank volume on the foot print.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read some in the library and got an idea of who can live with what but I don't see anything about numbers.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
What are the dimensions on the side...not the front? I am guessing it's 36" x 12"?

I would do either a pair of calvus or a pair of small, peaceful julidochromis like gombe with the multifasciatus.

I would not add THR...rather you need about 100 shells (multiple levels) and a flat rock horizontal if you go with julidochromis and a larger shell like a whelk if you go with the calvus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts