Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. I certainly don't know a lot about Cichlid breeds but the Lwanda examples on the internet are a bit different than mine. His mouth seems to turn "upwards", almost like he has a larger "chin" and a smaller nose than other examples. Could just be a hybrid too I guess.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
robdrumms said:
Thanks for responding. I certainly don't know a lot about Cichlid breeds but the Lwanda examples on the internet are a bit different than mine. His mouth seems to turn "upwards", almost like he has a larger "chin" and a smaller nose than other examples. Could just be a hybrid too I guess.
Yours does look quite a bit like a lwanda to me as well. It just looks like an older, often beaten up fish, which can cause the variances you speak of.... or, it could be a hybrid, impossible to know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info on my last post. It certainly was a Lwanda!!

My tropical fish store had a handful of 2" random Cichlids that he sold me for cheap. Some of them have started to color up and might be some great fish but there's one I just can't figure out. He's getting some blue color throughout and no stripes. Seems to have the makings of a yellow top to the dorsal fin. Any thoughts would be great! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Electric Blue Fryeri or hybrid of Fryeri. Juvenile is too long in body to be Aulonocara, much closer to Scienochromis fryeri which males get very nice blue, but may be a Fryeri X Aulonocara hybrid which are common.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.