Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_9860.JPG
Hi Everyone,
*** recently started started rebuilding the stock in my Malawi Cichlid Tank. so *** looked at some YouTube videos and it feels as if one goes around in circles when trying to identifying the Malawi cichlids, simply because there is no single comprehensive guide on or offline.
how does one go about correctly identifying every fish in your tank - especially if you wanna do that for cataloguing?
where does one find a comprehensive guide especially when it comes to cross bred species ?
Is there someone here i can send images of the fish in my tank for instance that i cant identify?

hope someone are capable of answering me - Thank you Ricky

my current tank (200liters)
went from 11 juvenile malawis cihclids to 33 juvenile cichlids.
I have probably what seems like a red zebra who is mature (sexually) male if I'm correct. dominant male in the tank
I also keep a jack Dempey (2 years old)
2Juvenile Oscars (golden)
1 large common pleco
2 breeding pairs of African Jewels cichlid + 1 random male

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Identification is probably not going to be your biggest worry. 33 fish in a 200l tank is too many, and, Mbuna, Jack Demsey, Jewels and Oscars are not going to work together once they mature a bit. Figure out which type of fish you like and stick with them, as in Rift Lake cichlids, West African cichlids, South American cichlids etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts