Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased as curviceps, but as I understand it most sold these days are in fact dorsigera. Wouldn't bother me in the least if they were dorsigera but just curious. Also would care differ at all between the two? Not sure if these pics can lead to conclusive id's, just some quick camera phone snaps. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
G'day Louie13,

Definately dorsigera. Possibly two boys if I had to guess.

Just keep on eye on them, particularly the male. My male was very aggressive with other dwarf cichlids, and would kill any apistos in his tank. If these are new to your tank, hopefully they'll try and find some where to fit in, rather than claiming the whole tank as thier territory.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have 4 of them and they are super peaceful except when guarding fry. My pair are really aggressive when defending their babies...just ask my one -eyed platy!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. The apisto in the pic is just a single remaining female, I'll just keep an eye on them. So far no problem, she can stay but I don't plan on adding anymore.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually it's just a very well colored female double red. I did have two females and a male from the same batch and the difference was clearly apparent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts