Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get some? I bought what my LFS had and haven't seen it at any others. Online $$$$ seem high with shipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree this is a pain to find. especially in quantity, I'm wanting to lace up the back of a 150 Tall. but I cannot find a source to say buying 100 to 300 pounds at a time. Or if I could find the rock quary it is located in it might just serve me to go dig it up myself.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought all my LFS had and keep asking them to get more, haven't yet though. I'm gonna do some hunting this weekend. I will let you know if I have any luck.

·
Banned
406 Posts
Try landscaping companies or local stone companies. Theres a few around here that sell lace rock.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
60gallon said:
Try landscaping companies or local stone companies. Theres a few around here that sell lace rock.
Thanks for the suggestion. Now if I can only find on that is still in business. I stopped at 4 places, 3 out of business and 1 never heard of Lace Rock. I will keep trying.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't have any luck locally. I ended up ordering it online and got a pretty good deal for some nice quality lace rock. I'm happy.

·
Banned
406 Posts
Did you find the dark black lace rock or the offwhite?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't aware there were 2 types. it is kind of on the dark side. I was a little sceptical about what the pieces would be like as I usually pick out my own. But I am very happy with what I got. Nice pieces for cave-making. I can pm you info on where I got it if you like. I may even order more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts