Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I picked up a group of 10 of these guys at the ACA in MI this past year and they were SUPER tiny when I got them. Fast forward 6 months and they are just over 2" however they are all grey with some of the larger ones beginning to display some colour. I have scoured the internet trying to find pictures of small females however I can't find anything - I found 2 threads on this site however all the images no longer appear available. I have had fuelleborni in the past and typically the females are orange with blotches... is it likely I have 10 males or do the females still need time to colour up too? Just looking for someone who may have had these in the past or anyone who has any thoughts on the matter.

Thanks and have a great day

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know about the name change, is it just for that local? I have been watching them a bit more the last couple days and I think I might have 9 males and 1 female. She is a lot duller than the rest, all the others have a lot more orange to them... really hoping I'm wrong though

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
That locale specifically, yes.

From the photos on cichildae.com, your fish has the standard brown looking females and OB females occurring there. Some Labeotropheus take a bit to color up, and for the keeper to determine what's what. But, if you're not seeing a light background hue or any signs of OB, at least you can assume your group is not an OB group.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts