Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trio in a 20 long. 1m 2 f all adults.
Shells scattered throughout maybe 20 or so and Tahitian moon dust (Black fine sand) on the bottom, not alot just enough.
Has anyone ever had them breed before? Please give details.
Mine have been back together for about 6 weeks.
They seem to be getting along fine. :fish:
Thanks,

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a breeding pair in a 10 gallon. I started with 5 in a 29 gal. but once they paired up everyone else was pushed to the corners. I tried for a trio in the 10 gal. but one female again was pushed to an upper corner.

My pair did spawn in the 29 but they ate their fry. Alone in the 10 they have atleast 3 generations of fry swimming around. They don't really take care of their fry. The tank has little fish scattered all over it.

I keep the tank between 79-81 degrees. I change half the water once a week, or close to it. Feed twice a day with a variety of foods including frozen stuff. I don't take any special care of the fry except for grinding the dry food up just a little bit before feeding.

I really like my sigs. I find them to be interesting and unique. They're like a cross between a shellie, rockdweller, and a goby. I found them to be a little bit on the aggressive side so I'll probably be keeping the pair in a tank all themselves. The 29 gal. I started them off in has a rather poor light but the colors the male had when displaying were great. Now in the 10 with rather bright light it just washes out the color in his fins. I got to fix that. He use to flash this great orange color all through his dorsal fin but now I don't see it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts