Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've placed an order for a koralia evolution for my tank and would like to hear some ideas on placement. If i only had one filter intake I would just place it on the opposite side hopeing to blow deterius towards the intake. However I have two intakes, one on each back corner. How would the placement of the koralia be done in this sort of setup? The back glass of the tank is not an option because I have a 3d background. THe front glass is not an option due to aesthetics, so I would have to place it on one side of the tank. I suppose it wouldn't really be possible to avoid deterius from being blown away from one of the intakes in this case? I would also be satisfied to get it blown into one area in the back corner even the filters aren't picking it up for easier vacuuming and to keep it in one area somewhat out of sight on my white sand versus all over it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't have a koralia but I'm building out a 100g with a 3d background and here is my plan.

I will put my two canister intakes at the same end. I plan on cutting one inlet about 1" shorter than the other and placing the shorter one ahead of the longer one.

I will then place my canister outlets at the opposite end. My plan is to use loc-line so I can direct the flow.

In your case you could place the koralia in the top side corner opposite your intakes and put some of your filter return flow in the center of your tank pointed towards the filter intakes.

·
Banned
406 Posts
Louie13 said:
The back glass of the tank is not an option because I have a 3d background. THe front glass is not an option due to aesthetics, so I would have to place it on one side of the tank. I suppose it wouldn't really be possible to avoid deterius from being blown away from one of the intakes in this case? I would also be satisfied to get it blown into one area in the back corner even the filters aren't picking it up for easier vacuuming and to keep it in one area somewhat out of sight on my white sand versus all over it.
*** searched many times for powerhead placement and basically everyones tank is different. So youll just have to figure out the best spot to put it yourself. Just play around with positioning.

I have 2 intakes (eheim 2217 and FX5) and I have my Koralia evolution 750 about midway on the left side glass towards the back glass blowing towards the bottom sand. I dont have any poop settling on the bottom but I also have a spraybar on my 2217 and FX5. The FX5 is blowing towards the front glass and rolling to the back glass also keeping my sand clean.

So again just mess around with it once you get it. GOOD LUCK! :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts