Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my fx5 today and i already have a ton of blue bio balls that were given to me. just wondering if i could use them instead of buying the bio max rings.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I have two trays of biomax and one with bio balls in my FX5. When I was setting up my aquarium I went to a landscaper to get a few more rocks and they had a bag of the bio balls for $3.00 (was the last bag they had and they just wanted to get rid of them), so I grabbed em. I haven't had any issues with either. So yeah, like the others said go ahead and use the balls. The bio-max is a little pricey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Using everyones advice. I added the lower two trays of bio balls and the top try of bio max and ball mix. pump is running flawlessly. I was able to remove my powerhead, this pump moves some water :thumb:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
RGPIII said:
Using everyones advice. I added the lower two trays of bio balls and the top try of bio max and ball mix. pump is running flawlessly. I was able to remove my powerhead, this pump moves some water :thumb:
Lol, yeah it does. I have it on my 75 Gallon. I used the Carib Sea Cichild gravel, which comes packed in liquid (dirty liquid, supposed to have the nitrifying bacteria in it). When I dumped it in, you couldn't see an inch into the aquarium. Turned the filter on, came back 10 minutes later and the water was crystal clear (the polishing pad on the other hand, was nasty brown, lol).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts