Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have those red zebra in a 55gal, and half of them turned out to be males -_- I will sell them to my lfs, they are getting big and I dont want them causing too much trouble in my tank, but now, I want to know... since i will have 1dominant male and 3f red zebra left, can I mix them with my kenyi 1m 4f? Im adding females too, that is for sure, it will help spread the agressivity...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup they are, that is why im unsure of the 55gal for them, the zebra also are agressive, but I should just remove the males as quick as possible, since they are maturing, they are just starting :roll:

·
Super Moderator
40,482 Posts
A vote against kenyi for two reasons:
They are too aggressive for a 55G, a 75G or larger with 1m:7f is ideal for them.
They are metriaclima...hybridization is likely.

Metriaclima estherae (red zebras) are not too aggressive for a 55G and 1m:4f is fine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an other question then, what could I put with my red zebra in a 55gal?

·
Super Moderator
40,482 Posts
Most any fish that is suitable for a 55G and is not Metriaclima or Labidochromis caeruleus (yellow labs).

You could mix Cynotilapia sp. hara and Iodotropheus sprengerae for one suggestion.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they are really nice fish too! there is a lot of interresting species out there, I really like white or very pale fishes, but dont like most of the albinos red eyes. I have a lot of interest for the red top ndumbi for that: they show that little orange/red line so they still have that bit of color that attract the eye even if they are white or a pale blue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts