Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running just a small HOB filter with a filter bad and some Fluval Bio Max. I had to isolate a couple aggressive fish so I placed a divider in the 10 gallon and let them live in there for a month. They are now back in the 125 and all is well. I want to keep the cycle going in the 10 gallon in case I need to separate any others in the future. I am going to try phantom feeding the tank to see if that works. I also have a Betta in a 5 gallon that I might place in the 10 gallon for awhile. I never stopped to think what I might do with the 10 gallon once I removed my problem children

· Administrator
40,907 Posts
Agree drain the 10G and just run the filter on your established tanks. Then when needed you just fill and move the filter and fish.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been dosing with 5 drops of ammonia daily and it seems to be keeping the cycle going fine. I realize I will have to do periodic water changes to get rid of my nitrates, but that is a small price to pay for having a tank ready when I may need one for who knows what. You never know when you may need an extra tank ready in this hobby.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.