Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious got frontosa female about 5 inches or so maybe 6 males getting to 10-11 inched. Only manage to get one small batch 5 babies. Had about 8 times holding.any idea about 5 6 years old
Thanks in 120 gallon long tank only them in it

·
2,088 Posts
Could be just as simple as they have not fully figured it out yet. I recall seeing similar with the Fronts I kept. One thing that you could try is to create some areas with less flow to provide a better chance of fertilization.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My wild caught mpimbwes have the same problem. Three females - each breed about once every 3 months. If they hold past 4 days they will hold three weeks so I strip at 18 days and tumble a bit. But 75% of the time the eggs are gone by day three. I have stripped and tumbled at day two but lose most of the eggs in three days. And these are fish that have been breeding for almost three years. Good luck - sorry no solid advice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replys. Yea my larger female now holding see how she does. Yea my females are pretty good with spawning atleast one female every 3 weeks. Just only had one female hold long enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts