Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased two juvenile Freiburgi peacock cichlids. I have put them in my 200 litre 3.5 foot grow out tank. Currently they share the tank with about 60 honghis and Demasoni, all around an inch. Loads of rock in the tank and one is more dominant than the other. Now the less dom one spends a fair amount of time tucked behind the outlet pipe up high while the other swims around loving life. He comes down and eats and swims around a bit but then gets chased back again. Do I let them sort it out and leave them in my juvenile tank? Put one into my quarantine tank which is about 100 litres but will be shared with a juvenile blue hap and a juvinile fairy Cichlid. Or do I add him to my 4 foot 250 litre tank where I have adult Honghi and one adult OB Peacock? Any advice is much appreciated

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've taken matters into my own hands. Removed the juvinile agreesive Freiburg peacock and put him into the 72g with all the grownups. I only just removed a Honghi alpha male as I sold him and added the large OB peacock, 4 yellow labs and my syno yesterday so the whole group is getting to know each other. Hopeing with him down the pecking order he will be fine. Guess all this Cichlid keeping is constant moving around fish until they are ok…….or not

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
I would not expect a peacock to be OK with hongi or demasoni unless POSSIBLY they were in a 72" tank and the peacocks were full grown and the mbuna were juveniles.

Having to move cichlids can be minimized by choosing stock that are likely to be compatible.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Mbuna and Hongi are 1 inch juviniles. The two peacocks were far bigger. The issue is the other juvinile peacock. The Honghi and Demasoni will all be sold in a matter of weeks as it's a grow out tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts