Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide on a fish to keep in a 40 breeder with juvenile calvus.

I have multies and J transcriptus and though it seems both would work, I'd rather try something other than a Julie or a shellie. I'm not a big fan of paracyps or cyps. It occurred to me that a group of caudopunctatus might work out, though I have no experience with them. Fairly active, cruise a large area of the tank and have a splash of color to boot. And I think they would be okay with the calvus? Would appreciate any thoughts on the combo or any clarification of caudopunctatus behavior in general.

·
Super Moderator
40,544 Posts
They are great together...shoot for a pair of each after stocking 6 juveniles.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. Thanks. Would you recommend the calvus be a certain size before introducing the caudopunctatus? Right now they are only +/- 1". I've got a nagging concern (and I don't know where it comes from) about little calvus being bullied by adult caudopunctatus because the calvus are going to grow much slower.

·
Super Moderator
40,544 Posts
I find they both come in small so unless your caudo's are big, stock them all at once. Neither fish is aggressive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.