Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we are newbies, but I am sure our Acei is holding. You can see the eggs in her mouth. She is about 3.5 inches and the male is about 2.5 inches. I am surprised because they seem so young. I kind of thought we would have some time to worry about the breeding issues. I have another tank so I will remove her to try and reduce stress, but with the fish being so young what are the chances of a successful batch of fry?

Thanks for your input. Sorry the picture is not the best shot.

·
Registered
129 Posts
although not aceii. i still have has ps saulosi hold at about 2 inches. so yeah... sorry im kinda drunk. so this message is kinda lame... lolz

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I'm pretty new to fish keeping too. Just started at the end of last summer.
I haven't had any of our 3 acei hold yet. I think I have 1male and 2 females. They were all 3 bought at the same time and the same size but the one I'm assuming is male is now the biggest at almost 4".

I have had some of our other fish hold though and have some fry from a couple batches. Since the acei haven't breed yet I can't say for sure about them but with my other fish it took them a couple times at holding before they got it right and had fry.

Good luck :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts