Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you prob see this quite often but I am excited. Was doing a little maintanence on my tank today and cleaning some stuff up, while the whole time my Dom Male Dem was just chasing everyone all over the tank. Couple min later I look down in the opposite corner and there he is spawning with a female only about 1.25".

Unfortunately by the time I dried off my hands and got the camera out they were just finishing up as she was picking up the couple eggs. At first I seen him almost completely on his side just shaking away and immediately I was like ohh man was there something on my hands that poisoning these guys. :( Then out popped some eggs!

I am pumped and just wanted to share that. Will have to have the camera on standby from now on, thought it would last a little longer than that or maybe I just missed a bunch of it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck! This one makes 4 holding in mine now! and a Yellow Lab. Kinda lost track of which fish started holding when. I have it all written down in a notebook that I write down all maintanence down in (ie. Meds, WC's, etc...) so at least I have some way to see when I did stuff. Can't imagine how I am gonna keep it all straight once they are all adults and about the same size.

At least now I can kinda remember the size of it when I notice to try and remember correctly. Guess I am gonna need some more tanks! :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Will prob be just as excited in a week or so when I strip the next one too!! :D

I am what you would call a "cheap date" or "easily entertained"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.