Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that Duboisis are the most beautiful african you can buy, and in the future, be it far or near, I would not mind getting a tank just for them. So I would love to have my questions answered for future reference : )

How many in a group do they prefer?

How big of a tank for the amount above?

pH? kH? etc?

Background that brings their colour out better? (aiming for the yellow band ones)

Sand? Gravel? What colour is better?

Suggested decor?

Anything else you guys can think of? I'm all open eyes : )

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Have you clicked on LIBRARY and then TROPHEUS CORNER?
It is a good place to start.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Some of ours they are in 5 Foot tank that holds approx 450 liters :) We have 4 males and 8 females, have had no fighting, and breeding is going very well. :) They are fab :thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh so pretty ;D

So I found most of what I wanted in the library.

But what I would like is everyone's opinions on decor and background colour ;D

I know that dark blue works to bring out the colour of most africans, but Duboisis are dark and I dont know if that would work :|

Same with sand colour : )

·
Registered
310 Posts
Moghedian said:
I think that Duboisis are the most beautiful african you can buy, and in the future, be it far or near, I would not mind getting a tank just for them. So I would love to have my questions answered for future reference : )

How many in a group do they prefer?

How big of a tank for the amount above?

pH? kH? etc?

Background that brings their colour out better? (aiming for the yellow band ones)

Sand? Gravel? What colour is better?

Suggested decor?

Anything else you guys can think of? I'm all open eyes : )
I have 20 in a 100-gallontank together with 14 mpulungu. pH should be about 8 and kH 10. I have a btn-slim background and i think finesand are the best. And I use natural stones as decor.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have my Kirizas with a black background as that is the way it was before. I am considering a change to blue but have not decided yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a colony of 14 adults and two juvies in a 90 gal with natural coloured sand, some driftwood branches and lots of live plants - mostly anubias which they leave alone. I'll try and post a photo of the tank - it looks great and the colours of the tropheus really stand out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts