Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be delivered on Feb 22. Here is what is coming

5 Blue Acara (eventually whittled to a mated pair)
5 Green Severum (eventually whittled to a pair)
12 Buenos Aires Tetras
10 assorted cory cats.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
What are your "assorted cories." IME, each species needs at least four of their own kind to be happy; more ideally, six. I have six sterbai in one tank and they are fabulous. I have three sterbai and three false juliis in another tank and if I could catch the juliies, I'd rehome them and boost up the sterbai count. The two groups do not hang together . . .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hollyfish2000 said:
What are your "assorted cories." IME, each species needs at least four of their own kind to be happy; more ideally, six. I have six sterbai in one tank and they are fabulous. I have three sterbai and three false juliis in another tank and if I could catch the juliies, I'd rehome them and boost up the sterbai count. The two groups do not hang together . . .
I spoke to the owner of Blue Grass Aquatics, eddie Martin about this personally. He said that the cory's are all basically the same species and will school together without issue. I have no idea which ones will be in themix but I trust him as he did well with my Mbuna mix.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reiner said:
My experience with Buenos Aires tetras was not very good. They are terrible fin nippers but I kept mine with Angels.
That makes sense. No species with a reputation for "fin nipping" should ever be kept with Angel Fish. I think these guys will be perfect for a tank that is two be dominated by two relatively large pairs of relatively peaceful Cichlids. They are not so colorful as to overwhelm the tank but will have a lot of movement, are too large to be eaten and are robust enough to live with Cichlids. I did a lot of research and planning before I zeroed in on the BA's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.