Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a group of 6 transcriptus. tried to get some of the larger ones as well as some smallers (id rather get more girls then boys never end up with any girls) and it turns out the largest of the 6 is completly taking over the rock stack. spends most of her time swimming around chasing all others off. its plenty of rock for a pair to form up but it seems "she" wont have anything to do with it. Being that they can pair for life.. do you think i ended up with half of a pair that formed at the LFS? if so should i just dump "her" to try and let the other 5 pair off...
input is appreciated thanks for reading.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o okay. well currently it doesnt seem interested in allowing anyone to settle into the rockery... should i wait it out or just remove? or is this just a personal preference

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Chasing is fine- let it be for a bit as long as no one is getting too beat up. You can try rearranging the tank next week if she's still at it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i moved things around and "she" is currently in a breeder net. not sure if ill setup a tank to house her may just drop her back in idk. time will tell nobody could get near that rock pile and i dont want these guys getting punked by the established multi's (my males r pretty big)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts