Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is iv not been able to find a large piece of wood that i like for my c/a tank. Anyway i have found some smaller pieces of mopani wood that when put side by side look exactly like i want them to but for obvious reasons in a c/a tank would not stay balanced how i want them too, so i need a way of joining them. Does anybody know of a glue or aquirium silicone that would do it or if anyone has done this themselves...thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
One simple sure way if you can drill the wood is handy. Electrical folks use plastic straps to hold things together. They are very cheap and quick once the holes are drilled. Finding a spot that is not in sight is the tricky part. They are my first choice for tying pieces of rock to wood to hold it down.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bet you could drill holes in the wood and get some long thin zip ties (black) and zip tie them together. just keep the holes and zip ties in the back so you cant see them. *** never done this i just thought it might work better than glue or silicone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that will definately work guys.. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.