Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I picked up 4 of these hoping to maybe a get a pair.Not the first time I had them but only had 2 before.
These 4 our in a community tank,and now I have two mating pairs with fry on opposite sides of the tank.They now are becoming the most interesting fish I ever had,they protect a small area around their nest/corner what ever,but they don't really bother the silver dollars,puffer,angels.
They never stop moving,pick up there fry in their mouth when they venture to far from home they put them back where they are suppose to be
The males are about 2" females about 1.5" but they come to you when there ready for food,I can't seem to find a negative thing about them other than they don't get too big.
I hope this is posted in the right section as I think these fish excellent and should be noted.
Some call them pink convicts maybe hybrids as well I believe.Thanks for listening :thumb:
homerl.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These two pairs do have approx 50 to 100 fry.They are not your typical looking parrot fish and they are smaller and rounder looking than cons.I will post some pictures on the weekend.
I have seen these fish over the years but very rarely.
I believe you can not keep cons or parrots in a community tank,that's what makes these so cool.Their feisty but not to much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts