Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this yesterday but didn't get any responses. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out. I'm worried as I don't want the lil guy to die.

I have a 55 gallon with two cons and two male JDs. I've only had them all for a couple months now but they all came from the same tank and all have been together for about 8 years. Initially there was no issues but now my smaller JD has been anti-social and has basically stayed in the same hiding spot for a week now. He doesn't come out at feeding time either. I'm getting concerned. I haven't noticed any white spots or torn fins. The other fish are doing well. Is this normal for a fish to go through phases? Any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi volgirl4life,

It is common for cichlids to become reclusive after a change in environment or traumatic event. You should watch the tank at a distance during feeding and make sure he is not eating any food at all.

If he is in fact not eating, check his waste. If it is white/clear and stringy, he likely has an internal parasite.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hi volgirl4life,

I am unsure on the best way to treat an internal parasite. If you see stringy clear waste, you should post on the the illness forum section and get some expert advice.

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts