Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Jd in a 125 gal tank with two others when he started getting fungus I quickly moved him to my hospital tank which at the time was a blue 20 gal sterilite tub. He has been in it for about a month now and I can't find anymore fungus.a week ago I put him back in with the other two JDs and by morning he was just laying behind a rock lathargic and rocking side to side. I tested the water all was well and then moved him back to the hospital tank. About an hour later he was acting fine I thought I'd let him stay the night in there and then I'd put him back in his tank. I put him back in the 125 and he was being wierd so thought maybe he would get over it yesterday I was sure he was on the way out so I swaped him back to the hospital tank. Today he looks great and seems happy. Is he just messing with me? I have no problem leaving him in the tub but its only 20 gal. hes about 5 inches. Any ideas?

·
Registered
308 Posts
It sounds like u have some bullies in the 125 I don't see how in that big of a tank he can't swim freely without being picked on too much but it could happen how big are the other jds are the a breeding pair.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are both females they are all the same size. No breeding at all. I wanted all females when I got them but they were my first fish and I wasn't well versed in sexing aparently neither was the guy at my LFS.

·
Registered
406 Posts
How big are the other 2 JDs in your tank? Do the other 2 act like a pair? Do the swim together and stuff like that? Because a pair will be really rough on another single JD.

Can you post pics of all 3 fish?

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
To re-introduce follow these steps.

1. Drain 50% of the main tanks water.

2. Move ALL of the decor around while the water is draining.

3. Introduce the JD.

4. Refill tank.

5. Observe.

:)

Introducing fish during a large water change often works well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TFG I think it worked. He looks pretty stoked now like he got a new tank. I got all three of them when they were three or four inches. now the females are maybe six inches and the male is probly seven or so, But they all seem happy now. Perhaps the feng shui was off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts