Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at canister filters online and ran across The JBJ Reaction 4 stage with UV and was wondering if anyone has any experience or any info on this filter. I've never heard of it before but seems like a good filter especially for the price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought the EFU-35 about a year ago, and it works great. The UV bulb recently burnt out, but my lfs carries them, so it's not a problem. It is on a 55 Gal. I have 1 liter of Seachem Matrix, 2 100 mL Purigen pouches, polyfill, and the coarse sponge that it comes with, and my water stays crystal clear. It has a much larger capacity than the Fluval 304 that I used before it.

I haven't had any leaks, and it runs very quietly. Some will say that it is a bad idea to have UV built into the canister, but with the way this one is built, I don't see how anything could go wrong.

For the price, it is an excellent filter.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Huh, I'd never heard of that filter before but thinking maybe I'll try it out. Looked it up online and it doesn't seem bad at all, good price to. I've been wanting to get a canister filter and was looking at Eheims and Renas. Fluvals are a little to spendy for me but I think I'll try this Reaction 4 stage filter. I like the big media capacity

1 - 3 of 3 Posts