Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys iv recently aquired a jaguar which i believe is male, i already have a female and the plan is for them to go in a tank together soon. Anyway my question is id really like to try an create a great biotope for them but information is pretty thin and a bit conflicting aswell. I was thinking mellow light, light pea gravel or sand, bog wood, large stones, floating plants and some plants growing off the wood pieces. Any info would be great, whether iv got it wrong or right or if you have a jag setup that you coulp perhaps post pictures of. Any ideas would be great so i could get a great setup for these guys. looking forward to lots of replys and help

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've heard the darker the sand the more vibrant the colors come out in jags that's about all I know. Good luck hope u find some more info

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thaks man, every little bit of info helps, cant wait to get these guys a great looking home

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well an update for you. the glass for my plywood tank goes in tomorrow so in a couple of days i can start decorating, iv been an got sand, some large stones and some great pieces of driftwood plus some small cobbles and pebbles. Iv also managed to get hold of some really nice green slate which im going to use for the background. Not got plants yet but im going to use frogbit for floating and java fern for attatching to the background and driftwood. post pictures soon but if anybody knows if there is anything else i should add then just let me know. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts