Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just purchased a 4" Jaguar cichlid from my LFS that has HITH. I heard HITH was treatable with clean water conditions and I just couldnt leave the poor girl there, so paid full price to get her out of there and now I'm going to attempt to reverse the situation. Any suggestions aside from clean water? Any specific diet perhaps? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I would start out with providing good water and the proper diet for the fish. That may be all you need to do.
Is the fish eating and swimming normally?
What symptoms are you seeing?

Robin

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Jungle makes a product for HITH. Check out BigAlsonline or That Fish Place. I would also treat it. HITH can mess with there nerve system. Good luck to a good guy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well since bringing her home all she does is hide...she did pick at flake food but that's it. Hasn't touched anything else. I've brought fish home before who took a couple days to get acclimated...so I'm going to see how she is tomorrow. Can the hith treatment be purchased in perhaps a lfs? I'm not fond of online ordering:/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I retract my previous statement...I've been sitting here reading and I looked up and she is swimming around eating, darting in and out of caves, checking things out...personality seems just fine from what I'm now witnessing! What is the best diet for a jag?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts