·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size tank do they need and what are some tankmates

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Good tank mates would be opposite sex dempseys only with giant danios. Convicts seem to do well with dempseys too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a syndontis catfish in with my two jack dempseys, He takes some territory in the tank but they don't seem to bother eachother. nice lookin cat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have 2 Dempseys (6" inches and 7 inches) peacefully co-existing with 3 Aceis and 3 Yellow Labs half their size in a 55-gallon tank. All of the fish were introduced to the tank at the same time when they were 1.5 to 2-inch juveniles some 6 months ago and I have never witnessed the Dempseys bothering any of the other fish. There are plenty of rocks in the tank with hiding spots, but all of the fish swim about in the open freely. The Dempseys are not at all territorial and I have only rearranged the rocks once.

I know it's not recommended to mix fish from different lakes, let alone different continents, but this arrangement has been working great (so far).

The Dempseys will eventually be moved to their own tank.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool im thinking about getting one for my 55 gallon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.