Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
What ate your water parameters ? Do you have video pics? We might be able to help you out a little more if you provided this info.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Is he swimming slowly when he crashes into everything? Or does he get spooked and crashed into everything and swims slowly at other times?

How long have you had him and have you made any changes to his tank recently?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*** had him for about 2 1/2 years about 7 inches always was fine and active now he gets spooked swims up and down the tank seam extremley fast splashing water out of the tank and then he goes through the sand and gets wedged into some spot where i have to physically remove him from and other then that he just sits still.. :-?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Strange, I would definitely check the water parameters because something is stressing him. Have you made any changes to his tank? Or how about changes around his tank, like lighting or something different. I was thinking maybe you added a lamp or something and now the shadows are different on his tank and that's spooking him.

Also maybe get some dithers for the tank, that may calm him down. Maybe some giant danions or tiger barbs.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Do you have any other fish in the tank with him? I would still check the water parameters to see if anything was off.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sorry for the loss. Keep an eye on your water parameters . It is very important. It tells you what you can't see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.