Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I purchased two Jack Dempseys and a single Firemouth on November 1, 2010. Since then the Firemouth and one of the Jack Dempseys are growing and coloring beautifully. They eat great as well. I feed Omega One super color cichlid pellet and frozen bloodworms. The other Jack dempsey seems to have not grown. My water is fine and the other fish seem to be at perfect health. The stunted Jack will not eat pellets but he does enjoy the bloodworms. He has been stuck at this size for 2 1/2 months, any suggestions?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that, I only started feeding bloodwords a month or so ago, but I will try again.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three times a week. But the pellets are the main food source, the bloodworms are more for the tetras

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I believe in different strokes for different folkes. Maybe that fish will not be the size as the others, As long as he looks healthy I would not worry.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had this problem from a spawn of JD's two years ago...six survived. There is a dominant male (6 1/2 inches) and then dwarf males (2 inches) all from the same brood. They seem happy, so I wouldn't worry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.