Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an emergency and all my tanks are in use could I get away with putting a 5" JD in a mbuna tank for a few days.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I don't know about that. I don't know anything about JD's. I do know that you can use one of those plastic storage boxes that come with plastic lids (we call them totes or tuckers here) as a temporary aquarium (without the lid of course lol):thumb:
:fish:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Either a storage box or a bucket of say 5 gallons will do as long as it's just a couple of days.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Probably be fine unless the mbuna beat it up. I would think that they might (Jd and Mbuna) ignore each other.

·
Registered
134 Posts
5 inch JD, i think will not right away eat or attack them as long as your mbuna are the same size. be sure that its only for a few days thou

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Anytime you introduce a lone fish to a tank of established mbuna, you can anticipate problems.

Are the mbuna adults?

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you use the rubbermaid (or other brnad) storage containers, how do you regulate the temperature and do you need a filter or can you just do lots of water cahnges?

·
Super Moderator
40,527 Posts
I use a 5G bucket with established filter and heater when I need an emergency tank. Don't know how a JD would do in there however.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.