Cichlid Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fish a very spooky fish it's a Jack Dempsey and he loves to hide but a week ago it's was already night and dark in the room I heard him spooked bumbam boom true the glass I don't know after that he got more scared he eats take one pellet and go back to his cave came back for another and back to cave he don't eat more than 2.3 pellets I always give him 5-6 pellets and he is always hungry and dancing and asking for more food but yesterday I saw what he breathing heavily fast and today when he swims in morning he was little sluggish please help I love him so much
Ph6.6 but he got used to this ph for a while
Ammonia 0
Nitrit 0
Nitrate 5-10

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is only one fish in the tank I have him from last April he has a good food but I don't feed him life food, I giving him red hikilary, hikilary vegetables omega one shrimps
And twice a week he has fasting days no food

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
If your Jack Dempsey is the only fish in the tank, it is normal for this species to get spooked pretty easy and lurk/hide in a cave or secure spot almost all of the time. Typically it helps if there are other fish swimming around in the tank to help it feel a bit more comfortable. Called 'dither fish', a number of larger. tougher Tetras, Barbs or Rainbowfish are placed in the tank and are often used for this purpose.
What kind of things do you have placed inside, (Can you post up a picture of the inside of your tank?). And, what size is the aquarium your Jack Dempsey is in?

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please is help my fish is someone know what is this
My fish stopped eat eat well he seems like he is hungry he is trying to eat but than spit it out
He started breathing heavily
And today we saw he has some white stuff on his eye and on his tail he has ball size like midium pellet brown color
Water changes every week 50%
Tank 40 gallon
He is about 4-5 years old
Please help him
Don't ignore it please

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He is sick not spooked
He eat and spit it out he used to ate 6 pellets and asked for more than he ate only 3 now 1-2 and spit it out
Today we saw he has white patch on his eye and brown ball on his tail he still breathing heavily
Heis ammonia 0
pH 6.6-6.8
NITRITE 0
Nitrate 10
Water changes every week 50%
Tank 40 gallon
Do you know what's wrong with him?

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I POST IT ON february 18 and only one person answered with wrong answer
I see 132 saw it
Like no one knows I don't understand what this site is for
Or no one cares
Unbelievable

·
Super Moderator
40,904 Posts
People care but may not know how to help you, not everyone is an expert on JDs and may never have seen a JD with a brown ball on his tail. That is a good description of me and I am sure others.

I know for Africans a fish who is spooked will eventually get sick but unknown what happens with JDs. Even a fish who is alone can get spooked.

Auballagh is an experienced fish keeper and may be able to help you. He certainly knows more about New World Cichlids than I do. Can you post a pic so he can see the aquascape?

·
Super Moderator
40,904 Posts
What does the white stuff on his eye look like? Is it fuzzy? Can you post a clear, closeup picture of it? You may have to net him to do this.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi thank you for answering
He has like cloudy eye but not whole eye in the half of eyehe hiding in the cave mostly all the time it's kind of impasseble take photo
Why you think I need net him?
If I do that he will be in more stress
I

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No no for the picture no
He has cloudy eye but not whole eye cloudy
He breathing heavily almost don't eat what he eats he spits out
And he has a little ball on his tail brown color size like midium pellet

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's 40 gallon 2 filters aquneon air pump
HEATTER
He has better filter but it's can't fit on this tank I already bought him 55 gallon aquarium it's on the balcony since November we was gonna transfer him in April
We do water changes every single week 50%
He has flakes, pellets, shrimps,veges pellets he ate everything no nothing he spits out

·
Super Moderator
40,904 Posts
You net him to get a clear picture so you can get a diagnosis. The description is not getting you what you need so with more information (pictorial) maybe someone will say "oh yes, of course, do this".

So the eye is not fuzzy but 1/2 cloudy? The eye IME is an injury or related to poor water quality which is not the case for you. I have no information.

Yes more stress (a little stress if you are skillful at netting) but I am sure his illness is stressful as well.

·
Super Moderator
40,904 Posts
I can't see the eye or the brown ball on the picture so there is no new information that will help me help you. Maybe another Member will be able to see better. Sorry your fish is sick.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No the eye and brown ball my mom saw only today
If she take picture of him if he won't hide in that moment you won't see it because we don't have aqurium light
He doesn't like lights

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ye but no members helping I post it in February
He breath heavily and didt eat
But now he has more problems
And since February I have only one response

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.