Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank has been through a lot of changes recently. It used to house a multifasciatus colony on one side and my transcriptus on the other, but the multis were too aggressive so I decided to make it a dedicated transcriptus tank. The transcriptus being all alone in the tank made them even more timid and secretive than before. So I added some rasboras today to liven things up and hopefully encourage the transcriptus to come out more. Let me know what y'all think!

Tank:
20 long

Filtration:
Eheim 2213
Air driven Sponge
Various live plants

Inhabitants:
4 J. Transcriptus
16 Harlequin Rasboras
3 Ghost shrimp
1 Amano shrimp

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Looks good. Hopefully it works out and gets the juli's out. I've been thinking of adding a small group of cherry barbs to my caudopunctatus tank to try to bring them out. Keep us updated on how it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update, the Julie's have definitely gained confidence swimming around in the open with the Rasboras. Especially around feeding time the competiton for food is much higher so everyone goes at the food much more aggressively. Still no signs of any pairs forming... :( they seem to have a dominance hierarchy and territories established and there aren't too many fights. Time will tell. I'm also loving the growth I'm seeing from the Julie's now that they can get as much food as they want easily without the multis bullying them. Definitely think a 20 long is not a good idea for both rock and shell dwellers in the long run, I'd say a 40 breeder would have been perfect though.

My plants are doing all right but I want better growth and more species so I'm thinking of putting a layer of organic soil beneath the sand. It will be a major hassle though so I'm going to wait until I have more free time.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts